The Misk Skills Traineeships Program aims to empower talented Saudi youth across university students, fresh graduates, and young professionals to launch their professional careers by offering professional opportunities in collaboration with top-tier international and local organizations.
The Institut du Monde Arabe (IMA) is a French cultural foundation dedicated to promoting the Arab World and its culture throughout France and Europe, as well as tightening relationships between France and the Arab League’s countries. Located in the heart of historic Paris, in a building designed by Jean Nouvel, the IMA offers a wide range of activities ranging from temporary exhibitions, a permanent collection, concerts, movies, conferences, Arabic language courses, and workshops dedicated to the young audience.
Interns may choose which department from the two below to do their internship in:
1- IMA Museum and Exhibitions Department
The IMA Museum and Exhibitions Department produces temporary exhibitions.
You will assist the Head of Exhibitions and her team in the activities of the department and will provide support in research and production for the exhibitions and in particular:
- Documentary research (works, artists, images, etc.) for the preparation of a specific exhibition in Paris about Picasso and the Arab avant-gardes
- Writing and translation from Arabic to English (or French if spoken) of documentation of various kinds
- Strategic monitoring on the art sector happening in the Arabic world
- Participation in the preparation of exhibition design projects and monitoring of the tender process
- Participation in the day-to-day department life (e.g., work meetings, setting up appointments, etc.)
2- Educational Activities Department
The IMA Educational activities Department oversees public interpretation activities, educational and social outreach. The team organizes workshops, tours, trainings for schools, universities, nonprofit organizations, and public institutions.
The intern will assist the Head of Educational activities Department and her team in the activities of the department and provide support for:
- Documentary research for the preparation of interpretation activities
- Writing and translation in English and Arabic of various kind documentation for educational purposes
- Participation in the development and production of interpretation tools (files, booklets, etc.)
- Participation in the preparation and implementation of workshops and cultural events:
- Help in the operation of the interpretation and educational activities
- Carry out any other logistical task related to assisting the IMA's team, particularly in the context of its events & activities
- Participation in the day-to-day department life (work meetings, setting up appointments, etc.)
- Welcome and provide guidance for visitors if the level of French allows it